Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Spock, Lizard!





I would like to plug a television program that I think is one of the funniest things on the air right now. OK, I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I make a point to try and watch this show because it is just too funny to miss. “The Big Bang Theory”; in my neck of the woods it is on CBS (I think) on Mondays at 8pm. I watched it last night and the pictures I’m including are in reference to the show. They were trying to make a decision and one of them suggested: Rock, Paper and Scissors. The nerdiest of the group of nerds suggests Rock, Paper, Scissors, Spock, Lizard and goes on to explain how each correlates to the other; ok, it was much funnier last night than it sounds right now – TRUST ME! I’ll also plug “Two and a Half Men” because I also think that show is hilarious.

I watched a little TV and then read for the remainder of the evening. I’m reading “Vamped” by David Sosnowski. It is a modern vampire tale that takes place in Michigan (sort of). The author is a Michigan native and I must say very talented! I am loving this book; it really has a quirky take on the whole immortal view of life and poses some interesting questions.
Our un-official book club starts tonight. We're reading Silas Marner and we have to read the first three chapters (oops, five chapters!). My nephew has to read it for school and since our family is relatively book crazy, we’re showing our support by reading alongside him. “We” includes me, my sister, my niece and sister-in-law. Yes, we are basically doing his homework! Hey, he is the baby of four children, and the last one at home now that the others are either married/in the army/at college, so what do you expect! He better get an A+ on this project, which is all I have to say.

Until next time..Live Long and Prosper!

2 comments:

John Pavlick said...

Here's a link to the explanation. I found it very lol-worthy. ;D

And looky! You can play it online!

-K

Henry Chourou said...

Looks like so funny.
Thunderbirds is cool.
You can make "Spock" quickly without any problem? I somehow can do it only with my left hand...