Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day..



It's Election Day.

Yes, I voted. No, I won't tell you for who. I have a HUGE privacy issue when it comes to politics, my purse and my mail. DON'T open my mail, DON'T get into my purse and DON'T ask me who I'm voting for. I'm weird that way.

Back to Election day. I will admit, I have not been a very active voter in the past. I have only voted once in my life as a matter of fact. BUT, I feel a little differently this year. I just can't not vote anymore. It may sound corny, but I think of what a privilege I have; being able to vote. My opinion counts, my vote counts..it counts to me!

My kids were surprised when I told them that if you don't like the choices on the ballot you can write in someone else. I used Donald Duck as an example and my son wanted to know what would happen if he talked to all his friends and got everyone to vote for Donald Duck and Donald won! I told him HE should be in politics if he had that many friends and could get that many votes! He's 10.

A woman I work with sent an e-mail around that was a link to your precinct, candidates, issues and such. I was able to find out everything I wanted to know about the different candidates and issues. They even had a tutorial on how to use the specific voting machine used at my polling station! Pretty cool. So whether it counts or not I voted today and it felt pretty good.

Actually it felt great!

3 comments:

OhPo's Sis said...

Sooo.....who did you vote for? LOL

Neo said...

this is still the USA back to work as usual. I think this is going to be very interesting... scary a little but this is still the nation I want to live in. Lets do something about all the Spanish speaking "Americans" lol

Henry Chourou said...

I inspired Obama’s speech. Yes,I can, yes, you can, yes, we can CHANGE the world. He will prove it. Hope America will strike back and beat this recession of world economy. But, well, I myself think Donald Duck would have been so cool as a candidate, though.