Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Sunday







Wow, another Sunday here, time flies when you're having fun...or not.

I'm hoping today I might tempt my brother to go with me to the DIA - Detroit Institute of Arts. I need to get out of the house and they have a cool exhibit going on right now. I really like museums, esp art museums. One of my favorites is the Salvador Dali museum in St Petersburg, FL. Do any of you know who Salvador Dali is....hmmm? OK, he's the artist who did the work with the melting clocks. I'll have to try and snag something off the net to show you. I really like his stuff - kind of demented, but very cool non the less!

I like the fact that my boys have developed a love of art as well. Probably just trying to make me feel better, but I'm always impressed when they can identify different artists or works of art; Dali, Van Gogh, MC Esher. I think it is very cool! I still haven't taken them to the DIA, but we have gone more than once to the FIA - Flint Institute of Arts. It's tough when you are on a very, very tight budget to do all the things you want to do with your kids.

Alright, I'm gonna jet; gotta check the net to see the museum hours, call my brother and try to do something with this really bad bed-head hair I've got going on!

Later Art Lovers!




1 comment:

Henry Chourou said...

Surrealism.uhmmmm,Amazing! though it looks a bit difficult for me...anyway,thanks for sharing.