Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friends and Family!


Sitting at home on a Saturday night watching TV. Wish I had someone sitting next to me enjoying the Bourne movie on cable; and by someone, I mean a special someone I've been seeing.

My special someone and I went to the movies last night and dinner; he introduced me to spicy hot wings and mini-corn dogs, scrumptious at least, if not healthy! We came back to my place and he fascinated me with his vast collection of hand tied flies and yes, I am genuinely interested! To say he is an avid fly fisherman is like saying winter in Michigan is a little chilly! The flies he has made are not only intricate and detailed but also beautiful and functional. He is planning on hitting the water this weekend! It's January (ok, almost February) in Michigan. It was 18 degrees today and he's going fishing, not in a sealed shanty with a space heater, but in a stream; yeah, he's into it! We finished the evening watching the movie A River Runs Through It; a beautifully filmed story that centers around a father and his sons who share a love of...fly fishing - LOL. Slow and steady with this one, we'll see where it takes us. You know me always in a hurry, but I'm making an effort this time.

On another note, finally got to spend some time with my sister who I have not gotten together with since Christmas. My sister is a human compass. If she goes someplace she never gets lost. She just has a natural sense of direction, unlike me who has been known to drive, back track, curse the map, turn around, turn around again and be asked from the backseat by my children; "are you sure you know where you're going?" to which I unashamedly reply "Probably not, but we can always stop and ask directions". My sister, the human compass, was coming to my house from Port Huron for a yummy Chinese dinner. I live right off I-69 which is a straight shot west from PH. She called me to say she was on her way and would be there shortly. She called about 15 minutes later and said, rather aghast, that she had somehow gotten on I-94 not I-69 and was headed to Detroit and had been headed south rather than west for about 20 minutes! My poor sister, the human compass, went about 80 mile out of her way! In sympathy I ended up bringing dinner to her house (but I refused to put my jeans back on and actually came in my PJ's) and as a bonus I got to see my niece and nephew, watch funny stuff on You Tube, laugh at the contestants on American Idol and share a fabulous Chinese dinner with my sister and her kids.
It was a great evening despite the human compass going off course!

5 comments:

I-Liquidate said...

Thanks for making the trip to my house and for the delish dinner...I just couldn't fathom another 10 mins longer in the car...I'm glad your my sis...even if you are geographically challenged....LOL

Princess Lynn said...

i like the part where you shared the Chinese food - oh and the fuplers were fun! UNACCEPTABLE! lol love ya!

Henry Chourou said...

What a HUMAN COMPASS! I'taking big COMPASSION upon to hear that...(Oh,it's no good as a pun) XD


In the photo,you're the right one,
aren't you?

OhPo's Sis said...

No...she's the wrong one...lol

Scarlet serves as a Warning said...

Dinner was Fab, the Fuplers are hysterical - UNACCEPTABLE - and as usual Chourou is very "punny"!

I am the one on the Right - dressed in red, red hair, hence Scarlet!