Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to reality..





It's been awhile..seems like a year or so..ha ha, get it? I've been so caught up with my new match I've thrown just about everything and everyone under the bus. That happens sometimes, with me especially. When I meet someone new I get really caught up. I had almost the last two weeks of December off and we spent an entire week with each other. Getting to know someone new is always interesting. In the beginning everything is all shiny and new. You just can't wait to email, IM, text, talk on the phone..all that good stuff. Once you meet, face to face, it changes a bit. There is much more texture. Things get real-er....yes, that is a made-up word, but it seems to fit perfectly. We have gotten to know each other better. The protective shield has slipped a bit. You start to get a glimpse of the real person lurking below the surface. I don't mean that to sound negative, but sometimes it works out that way. New information starts to fill the gaps of what you read about that person on their on-line dating profile. Time lines shorten..or lengthen. They make comments that make you go....hmmmmm, interesting. You reveal, or withhold information based on comments the other person makes. You start looking over the top of your rose colored glasses, to get a better look in the direct light. It's all part of the dating game. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't..this new one, well...I just wish I didn't like him as much as I do, that sure would make things easier! SIGH, I signed up for a 6 month membership on-line, so I guess I'll get my monies worth.


May be time to go back to the drawing board.


3 comments:

Princess Lynn said...

whoa!!! you blogged!!!

I-Liquidate said...

Geez...it's pathetic that this is how I'm learning what's going on in your life...jk...well not entirely...lol...call me will you...love ya.

Henry Chourou said...

Hi,Long time no see!
Oh,it's you? Looks soooo attractive to me!(o^ ^o)


Getting to know someone new is ... yeah, exciting. Precisely. Looks like now you are enjoying your life in that situation and I think that's the main thing. I wish your happy new year.