Sunday, February 8, 2009

GASP...Warm in February?


What a beautiful weekend, over 40 degrees in February makes Michiganders think they are living in Nirvana!


I had my boys this week but also got so spend some time with my new favorite Mr. Coffee. I watched the movie Casablanca for the first time this weekend, and sharing it with someone special made all the different for me (he brought it from his home DVD collection). I would have to say, that has got to be the most quoted movie of all time. Hardly a scene went by without me hearing a phrase that I've heard a dozen different times in others movies.."Here's looking at you kid" being just one of the many. Although Bogey never said "Play it again, Sam" all he said was "Play it, you played it for her and you can play it for me, just play it".

Mr. Coffee is one of the people I met on the on-line dating site, and I have to say things are going along pretty well. We started chatting (instant messaging) just before Christmas, sharing the occasional email and IM chat. We then started chatting on a little more regular basis toward the beginning/middle of Jan. We met for the first time Jan 14th, at Starbucks, hence the name Mr. Coffee. - LOL.

We have been out 4 or 5 times since then and I have enjoyed each time we have gotten together; and I know he has as well, he told me so. We've been going a little slower that I have been known to go in the past. This is a good thing. Taking time to get to know someone, discovering the little things, learning the bigger ones. I do know this, he is a good man, a devoted son, a gentleman, and has great taste in movies! Plus, he likes me, so obviously he has good judgment in people - hahahaha. I am enjoying this and look forward to discovering more of him and sharing more of myself.

Next week is Valentines Day..this should be interesting; I already have two cards, a funny one and one a little more serious, but not too mushy. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Princess Lynn said...

we have to make a movie date ;D

John Pavlick said...

Not at the movies, though. And not with an actual movie. Can we just... turn off the lights and each couple gets their own couch and we can pretend to watch a movie? 'Cos I can tell you one young man who wouldn't be paying a bit of attention to the movie if it was playing, anyway - I say that we conserve electricity! ;D

-K