Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ahh, Valentines Day!







Today is Sunday, my typical blog day.

Sitting in bed watching TV (shocking, right?) surfing the net and planning what to make for dinner when my kids come tonight (and after I drag them to the grocery store). Bonus, we have tomorrow off work and school for Presidents Day; can you say WOO HOO!!

Yesterday was Valentines Day. My original plan was to head to Tawas and meet Mr. Coffee and some of his friends, go to dinner, and stay the night at the Tawas Bay Beach Resort. Well, best laid plans and all that jazz. I was planning to get on the road around 2pm but at 1pm Mr. Coffee called to say his dad was having an extremely bad day and we were going to have to cancel our plans. WAH!! I mentioned in a previous blog what a good man Mr. C is. He is helping his parents during a very difficult time. I commend him, everyone should be as devoted to their family. However, I was bummed! I waited about 30 minutes then sent a text suggesting I could come to him, we could possibly go to dinner and exchange Valentines. The answer was a resounding YES!

So, I drove north. We thought maybe Italian for dinner, but we had no reservation and seeing as it was last minute and Valentines day we opted for Chinese (because the parking lot was the least crowded, lol), it was very good though! We exchanged Valentines cards first before heading inside; Catsablanca is all I can say, very funny with an xoxo on the inside, awwww. After dinner I received a tour of Midland and some of their premier landmarks; the Curling Club and Baseball Park home of The Midland Loons, named after the bird not the state of mind (I think - lol). Also "Lookout Lane" or was it point? Whatever, it's was a great make out spot with a pretty view, just like the ones you see in the movies, complete with other parkers and their fogged up windows and the occasional drive by of the police to make things a little more exciting - let the smooching begin!

I can't remember a better Valentines day!

1 comment:

Henry Chourou said...

w(°O゜)W

Whoa! Hey, Kim, What a good valentains Day's story! As reading I have got excited. I would say I am your supporter as a blog friend, so to speak, so I think if you are happy, that's the main thing.

What a cool guy, Mr.cappuccino! lol