Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's that I hear?




It’s like the call of the wild; or maybe the siren song of the sea. I’m getting that urge again; like a ex-smoker getting a whiff of someone lighting up. It’s the inexplicable pull of the cyber dating world wondering where I’ve been. I know they miss me! I know they care and have been waiting patiently for my return.

I’m positive Mr. Cyber Right has just posted his profile and is waiting for me to come and find him – after all we have so much in common! He is tall like me, down to earth and shares my love of all things animated. He appreciates my quirky sense of humor, he thinks my lack of social skills is just adorable and like me he would rather lay around all weekend watching movies than cleaning house or ugg – paying bills! He is clever and has a quick wit, I can’t help but crack up when he tells me a joke or silly story.

Unlike me he is a recent lottery mega ball winner and now lives a down-to-earth-but-willing-to-splurge-on-important-things-like-the-woman-he-knows-is-out-there-waiting-to-be-found-or-book-but-not-necessarily-in-that-order-yet-maintaining-a-responsible-everything-paid-on-time-and-putting-some-away-for-the-future lifestyle. Phew, that was a mouthful!

Other things we have in common; an inordinate amount of useless trivia stuffed in our noggins, comfortable clothing older than our children, an affinity for museums and book stores, and the irrepressible urge to find that person who could claim the role of “better half”. We roll our eyes at the term “soul mate”, we understand that we can be alone, we even enjoy our personal space and me time, we don’t need someone to make us complete. However, we long to be able to look at the other end of the couch during the really funny/scary/sad part of the movie and see the look on someone’s face that mirrors our own!

It’s more fun to visit a museum or book store and be able to have someone’s hand to hold, someone to discuss the work of art or magazine article or even share whispered assessments on the weird looking lady in the funky hat.

Most importantly, we’ll have that spark; that chemistry connection that tells us HEY, This is someone special! That feeling like butterflies in the stomach, the stupid perma-grin plastered on your face all day because you are thinking of them, that feeling that you though you were never going to feel again.

Alright, I’ve convinced myself! Back to the cyber drawing board. Just wait for me sweetie and quit looking at that blonde girls profile – she is NOT the one for you! You’ll know Ms. Cyber-Right when you see her; she’s the tall one with the short red hair and dorky grin on her face!!

5 comments:

Princess Lynn said...

he is out there!!! keep looking!!!

John Pavlick said...

I think I am in love.

...

... with Caitlin! PSYCH!

-K

Scarlet serves as a Warning said...

He's out there all right, just one small rufie-collada away from true love!!

John Pavlick said...

Remind me never to let me let you get me something to drink. 0__o

-K

John Pavlick said...

I have discovered the ultimate band.

Settings

Listen to Walk Away. It is amazing.

-K