Thursday, December 11, 2008

**Giggle Giggle**










Well I heard the call of the wild and I answered. I'm back on line with the cyber dating world. So far so good. I signed up last Friday and had a lunch date Sunday - not bad, eh!


I spoke on the phone with someone new today, and he seems really nice. We have emailed back and forth and now have talked on the phone. I don't want to get too excited, but he sounds nice as well.

OK, I've been down that path in the past. I saw someone online and his profile was good, the pictures were OK, the emails were really good, the phone conversations were great...then the final step, the meeting. Once I was with him in the same room, face to face so to speak, things took a bad turn. He wanted to sit too close to me. He got a call from his son and started ragging on his ex (his son's MOM) to his son - right in front of me! He also gave off a creepy vibe. The kind of vibe that says "I'm building a woman suit in my basement and you look like you could provide the final piece"!! Needless to say I could not get out of there fast enough. Whoa, dodged a bullet!

I had another date not too long ago and that guy was weirder than...well, the weirdest thing you could possibly ever think of. I can appreciate unique, special, different, quirky, one-of-a-kind - but this guy was a wacko! Some of my close friends and family know the story, so I will spare you dear readers the gruesome details!

Whatever, that was in the past. I'm an optimist. Besides, you have to keep trying because your Mr. or Ms. Right is not going to come knocking on your door; unless you want to date the pizza delivery person or the FED EX guy.

Did I mention the guy I talked to today is younger than me? I have to tell you, I think this is very exciting. I have always dated older guys/men. Usually 5-10-15 years older. Now I have my own Ashton Kucher - ooh la la. OK, it's only been one phone call..except, I'm going to call him later too *girly giggle inserted here*. I'm kinda starting to get perma grin *giggle* *giggle*.

I will keep you posted as to how things are going. The lunch date guy; well, I might see him again. He was nice, but he is a super-hyper-worker guy (and 8 years older). Those of you who know me understand I am kind of the opposite of super-hyper-worker. I'm more like mega-lazy-movie/TV-watcher.

There is a third guy who I'm supposed to IM with later AND he's younger too.....*giggle, giggle*....I'm having fun this time around!!

1 comment:

John Pavlick said...

I'm building a woman suit... funny you should mention. There aren't a whole lot of women out there that are willing to just give away body parts, you know... so it's taking awhile.

Good luck with your man-meeting adventures. May the Force be with you!

-K